Walks through Mzamomhle with Jesus


February 14, 2014



             This morning we did a prayer walk through the village of Mzamomhle and prepared for the youth to arrive later. A few years ago, a few people from churches in the area did the first prayer walk through Mzamomhle. The reaction was so positive that the police contacted them to keep doing it.  It’s been going on for a couple of years now, and it’s a peaceful time. We prayed for the village before going into the streets. Then we walked around and greeted people, chatted, attempted to click, prayed for people, prayed with people, shook hands and hugged. One of the girls that attends girls club saw me and looked very surprised. She then ran up to me and gave me a big hug. It made my day. I didn’t want to leave Mzamomhle. I talked to the lady that brought me to the prayer walk and she said we could come back another day. My heart is burdened for this village and I want to spend more time there. The village has 40,000 people in it, so there are many hands to shake and shoulders to hug.
            In the afternoon, the youth arrived at CATCH and we made Valentines Cards. These kids are quite creative. There were more boys than girls, but boys can whip up a pretty mean craft here in South Africa. They spent quality time on them; it was very sweet to see. I was with the fourteen-year-old girls. There were about 30 of them. We made cards for 1.5 hours, and then prayed over the ones we made cards for. This was a long day! I’m tired and worn out. Goodnighty night. XoXo

Comments

Popular Posts