Splashes of Water and lots of Heat!


February 11
Today, I got involved in a massive water fight against 100 little boys. Seeing as I was the only girl, and only white person at that, I became a fast target. It was very hot today, so the club leaders decided we should play with water. We made up a game involving hula-hoops, four opposing teams and designated water throwers. The teams tried to make it to the center without getting hit. We split up into teams and then one by one they began to strip right down to their little undies. I wondered if this was okay, but the leaders didn’t seem concerned. They ran and ran, ducking and weaving, trying not to get hit.
            This structured format went on for about thirty minutes, and then the structure collapsed and war broke out. Two little boys picked up a bin of water and dumped in on another. Laughter arose from all corners. Then, kids stormed the field with cones, cups and bowls filled with water. I started to run, and a group of laughing little ones quickly followed like a herd of buzzing bees. They got me good. Eventually, they teamed up and brought me toward a water hose. I escaped a couple of times, but they usually got me again.
            This morning I woke up early, from a night of 3 hours rest. I tried to sleep, but it wasn’t happening. I kept thinking of the stories I had heard about the village and my heart hurt for them. Then I asked God to burden my heart for the Mzamomhle village the way His heart burdens for them – bad idea. After that, God began to do exactly what I had asked. I was lead to pray earnestly against the powers of darkness that are so evident within the village. This morning, we received word of another eight-year-old girl that was raped by her father. These stories are all too common.
            I met with Sue, the Director of CATCH, later that day and she shared more about the spiritual strongholds over Mzamomhle. While I was praying for the village and CATCH the night previous, it was heavy on my heart to start leading devotions with the staff. I believe this is the spark that will ignite the fire of God and keep burning long after I’m gone.  After talking with Sue, she agreed that daily devotions and worship would be helpful. They used to have devotions daily, but the leaders left and/or stopped leading. I lead my first staff devotion today out of Romans 8, speaking about God’s everlasting love. Nothing can separate us from His perfect love. I really enjoy prayer and worship in other languages. He understands them all, what a marvelous God he is. I am very tired tonight. Tomorrow will be an even bigger day. The crickets outside are threatening to come in through the window with their moth friends if I don’t turn this light out. Goodnight! Xoxo

Comments

  1. Keep shining the light in that village! Love reading your stories and I'm joining you in prayer! God is limitless!!! Love you Girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gurl, I miss you lots! God is so great, I'm just overwhelmed every day with his love and joy from those little smiles!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts