Lions contained by chicken wire



Day 12&13-
     Weekend February 22-23

Momma Jayne turned 60 on Sunday!!! 

            We went to a Lion Park. Which was a dream come true. Ever since I watched the Jungle Book (not the animated version, the human one!) when I was little, I wanted to live like Mowgli. He just roamed around with the bears, panthers, monkeys and tigers. HOW COOL IS THAT? Sometimes, I would hold my dogs tail as we walked through the woods, copying the scene where Mowgli is holding the panther’s tail for guidance as they walk through the forest. Ask anyone that knows me; they will say I am oddly connected to nature. I love getting drenched in the rain, getting scratched from tree bark while climbing, and walking barefoot any chance that I get.  I think it all stemmed from The Jungle Book. I am proof that the movies we watch affect our lives. I still want to lye in a tree with a tiger. Sitting next to lions was quite the experience for me. I was very surprised about the Lions enclosure. It was basically just a circle of chicken wire with skinny lines of electric fencing. Those lions are just waiting for the proper day to escape and attack. Really, chicken wire and a little zap-zap aren’t going to hold back those ravenous beasts. They are probably vegetarian lions though, so I’d be fine ;)
            This Saturday was my first visit to street vendors. Each vendor had a blanket laid out on the sidewalk, next to the ocean, with loads of distinctive African treasures. The woodwork was beautifully intricate. We also went to a milkshake shop that is well known by South Africans. On Sunday, I attended a Xhosa speaking church, Ignite Community Church. Xhosa worship is so powerful and moving. The whole church harmonizes together. I was one of two white people, and the other white person came with me. I felt right at home, dancing around and praising Jesus with my brothers and sisters in Christ.  When they worship in Xhosa, I just pray to receive knowledge of what they’re singing and then I pray along with them. Worship in other languages is uplifting because God understands all of us. There are so many languages. He desires that every nation, every tribe and every tongue would know Him and worship.
            African time is no joke. Westerners view time in a straight line, which means every event has a time. Africans view time in a complete circle. Every event will happen sometime.That require some adjusting. Every day presents new opportunities filled with adventure. It was fun to take my first stroll about the town, my mind constantly running. Like always.
Luv u awl. 
xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts