This is Naomi.


This is Naomi.

She is from Australia and this is her second time visiting Make A Difference.

Naomi is known for her unbelievably fast speech and ability to accomplish tasks. She is a do-er. The eldest of four in her family.

Naomi is well versed in programming and accounting.

She registered with AfID (Accounting for International Development) and got connected with Theresa from MAD. Both of her trips to Tanzania have been six weeks long. During the first trip she climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro and went on a safari.

In the time it takes one person to sit and think about doing something, Naomi has already done it.

The Principal at the Royal Academy said, "Naomi, I imagine you drive very fast. You must do everything fast."

She used her hands to express the rate at which Naomi accomplishes tasks, "I can see you at your house and nobody can sit down because you tell them they must do a task," she said with laugher.

During her first trip, Naomi also helped with the Kilimanjaro Kitchen cookbook. All of the proceeds from the Kilimanjaro Kitchen cookbook goes towards providing quality education for vulnerable children.

When I first arrived at the MAD guesthouse, I was nervous about traveling around the area. The location is gated and there is a security guard. It led me to believe that the streets around are not safe and I should not go walking far.

Naomi's view was quite the opposite.

"My view is that fear attracts fear, so I do my best to feel peaceful and trust," Naomi said.

From here she is traveling to Hong Kong to visit family. Naomi is very family oriented and places great emphasis on helping others.

When I asked Naomi about her experience with MAD, she said, "My experience has been awesome. I have seen a lot of growth and change in the students over one year. I am excited to see more!"


Naomi is a traveler and seeker of new experiences.

She highly recommends volunteering with MAD to all interested.

"There is always something to do or help with. People can come here, even for a short while, and feel like they really made a difference. You may not be asked to help however, so you must just jump in a help out here you see fit." - Naomi 



For more information about Make A Difference, visit the website.
Find MAD on Facebook and Instagram.











Comments

Popular Posts