GO MAD





Hello from Idaho!!

I have enjoyed living in a small mountain town in South Idaho, however my heart has called me back to another place that I have loved - Africa.

This July, I will be traveling to Tanzania, Africa to volunteer with a non-profit organization called Make A Difference Now, (MAD).

MAD is in need of a writer to visit the schools, support the kids, help in the orphanage and post articles on their blog to gain support for kids to pursue their educational and career goals.

MAD is based in Moshi, Tanzania, right outside of the world's 4th largest mountain, Mt. Kilimanjaro. While the land is beautiful, the people are impoverished.

The Executive Director of MAD, Theresa Grant, left a job in marketing to make a difference in Tanzania's educational system. She discovered that teachers lacked the education themselves to teach and weren't even getting paid.

She also discovered that the children within the Kilimanjaro region weren't receiving the education necessary to bring them out of poverty. The long term goal of MAD is to train teachers, and sponsor children to receive higher education and in turn break the poverty cycle stemming from a lack of proper education.

I am very thankful for the education that was easily accessible to me from a young age.
It only feels right to share some of that education with other students that do not have that accessible to them.

During my time in Tanzania, I will be using my degree in Creative Writing, as well as my certificate in nonprofit organizations to help structure the writing, english, and operations of MAD.

I am raising funds to pay for this journey as I will be taking a month off of work and spending a pretty penny on the airfare and living in Tanzania.

If it's on your heart to support this trip financially, you may access my PayPal link: paypal.me/estruss or if you like the old school approach to things here is my address: PO Box 3002 Hailey, ID 83333

Follow this blog if you'd like to be a part of the Tanzania adventure! passiontopursuit.blogspot.com

For more information about MAD, follow this link: http://gomadnow.org/

No matter how small we may think is our all, it's never too little to give.

Thank you for your support!!

♡ Em

Comments

Popular Posts