Bat Caves and Large Waves




February 15 
Happy Saturday y’all! This morning it was a struggle to respond to my alarm clock’s request. It could be jet lag yet; I never allowed myself proper transition time. There are way too many things to start! As Cassy Humble once told me, “You can sleep when you’re dead!” [Te amo mucho!] We got up early for a hike to some bat caves next to the ocean. We drove about 20 minutes to park, and then walked to the beach. The scene and the sun are unreal. The sun took a liking to my whiteness and has turned it shades of valentines, especially the scar on my left shoulder. Thank you Mom for the after sun lotion!
            The cliffs were like sharp walls with pathways in between them. Salty waves crashed against the cliffs and spilled atop of them. We got sprayed several times throughout the duration of our hike. The bat caves were marvelous, and they are real. As we approached the caves, the high-pitched squeaks got louder and louder. Next to the caves were dips in the rock where water has flooded. We went swimming in the divots. As I listened to the waves crash, I thought about how beautiful creation is. God cares so much for us, how marvelous that he would create these brilliant things for us? He could choose to make the world black and white, tasteless, and simple. Instead, he filled the earth with mysteries that stir joy and peace within us. The Earth is filled with His glory. I’m thankful that the ocean is saltwater because I cut my foot, and after swimming, it felt better! When we left the beach, I felt quieted and humbled. I will spend my whole life trying to discover the vastness of Earths beauty, and yet He holds all of Earth in his palm. Suddenly, my hands are very small. My life is very short. And He is very big.

Comments

Popular Posts