Off to Africa I go!

Hello Bloggers!

Enjoy this short video explaining the heart behind a recent decision to live in Africa to three months. I will be leaving February 8th and returning April 28!


 




It's been two years since the Lord put this on my heart. I knew Mankato, Minnesota would not be my home for the Spring of 2014. But where would I be? What would I be doing?

Other those two years, I searched for international possibilities, but none of them seemed right.

Time went by, and I began to question by ability to hear God correctly. Finally, I gave it up, and prayed 1 Peter 5:7, " Cast all your anxieties on Him, because he cares for you."

Then, I went to run errands and met a woman in a shoe store. I told her about my upcoming mission trip to Peru and she shared about her two trips to Africa. Before leaving the store, she gave me a small black bracelet printed with the organizations website and prayed with me for clear direction.

Upon returning from Peru, the woman and myself got breakfast at Perkins. After prayerfully considering taking a trip, we received the okay from the Director at CATCH and decided to travel together. CATCH is the organization that she had visited twice before.

God is so good. I have complete peace about volunteering my time to help the Mzamomhle village. Also, I will be receiving internship credits towards my minor (Non-Profit Leadership) through MNSU.

In order to make this trip possible, I need to raise $4,500. Any amount you are able to donate would be helpful. Whether it $5 or $500. Please commit to pray for me during my time in South Africa. This will surely be a challenging experience.

Thank you for your support and helping the Mzamomhle village.

Additionally, your donation is 100% tax deductible.

To support me click here

Thank you and blessings to you!

Emilee Struss

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/emilee.struss






Comments

Popular Posts